Grand Prix Sevens Series
The tournament is an annual series of international rugby sevens torunaments run by Rugby Europe and featuring european national sevens teams.
Teams compete for the Gran Prix Sevens Series title by accumulating points based on their finishing position in each tournament.
The season championship is determined by points earned in each tournament.
Points earned are:
- Cup winner (1st place): 20 points
- Cup runner-up (2nd place): 18 points
- Cup third-place play-off winner (3rd place): 16 points
- Cup third-place play-off loser (4th place): 14 points
- Plate winner (5th place): 12 points
- Plate runner-up (6th place): 10 points
- Plate third-place play-off winner (7th place): 7 points
- Plate third-place play-off loser (8th place): 6 points
- Bowl winner (9th place): 4 points
- Bowl runner-up (10th place): 3 points
- Bowl third-place play-off winner (11th place): 2 points
- Bowl third-place play-off loser (12th place): 1 point
Until 2010 a number of qualifying tournaments lead up to a finals tournament, which functioned as the European championship.
Since 2016, in the Olympic years, the series are held in a unique round.
www.rugbyeurope.eu - Rugby Europe official site
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sevens_Grand_Prix_Series - Wikipedia pages about Sevens Grand Prix Series
Every site was scanned using also web.archive.org